Some German universities require a special application procedure that entails presenting a VPD (“Vorprüfungsdokumentation”). This is preliminary review documentation (“Vorprüfungsdokumentation”, VPD) issued by uni-assist. The VPD (“Vorprüfungsdokumentation”) needs to be submitted to the university by the applicant before the deadline. Therefore, plan your application with enough time and apply for your VPD as early as possible. uni-assist will send you the VPD after your documents have been evaluated successfully.
Do I need to follow the VPD procedure?
Not everybody needs a VPD for their German University application. You can obtain this information directly from the University of your choice. The university informs you on which applicants require a VPD and which documents need to be submitted to uni-assist.
Create an application for the University of your choice using the uni-assist online portal. If the university requires a VPD, your application is a request for a VPD.
Plan your application using our checklist. It contains the most important guidelines for each step.
GET INFORMATION IN ADVANCE
- At each university of your choice:
- Find out if uni-assist is responsible for handling your application.
- Get information on courses offered.
- Check admission criteria.
- Find out if you need a VPD from uni-assist for your chosen course.
- Check application deadlines: by what date do you need the VPD?
- Check application deadlines
Would you like to reapply?
Maybe you’ve registered and applied through uni-assist before and you want to reapply.
Click HERE to make your new application even easier.
How to apply for VPD (“Vorprüfungsdokumentation”)
- Register with the Uni-assist online portal.
- Search for study offers using the details of the University or intended course
- Create an online application for each chosen course.
- Uni-assist indicates information of the university; stating that the Application procedure for that particular course is to apply for VPD (“Vorprüfungsdokumentation”). if the information is not correct please contact the university before applying.
- Upload the necessary documents: if you have not uploaded your documents before or need to add additional documents.
- Submit all online applications electronically, then print sign and send.
PAY THE EVALUATION FEES
Application to uni-assist is not free as you have to pay for your document evaluation after applying online and uploading your documents.
However for your first Application, you have to make a payment of 75 (Euros) and for subsequent applications, the payment of 30 (euros) per application is required.
Note: Without payment, Uni-assist will not process /Evaluate your documents. However, some select universities and courses are Uni-assist application free. To see the List of Free Uni-assist application universities and courses Click Here.
Check different modes of uni-assist payment Here.
SEND AND TRACK YOUR DOCUMENTS
Put all Certified document copies into an envelope.
Add the required postage and send to uni-assist by post.
After receiving your payment and your application:
you will receive confirmation of receipt by e-mail.
Uni-assist certificate evaluation takes about 4–6 weeks: the status in the online portal will change within this period and you will receive the result of the evaluation by e-mail.
VPD SUBMITED TO THE UNIVERSITY DIRECTLY BY YOU
- Submit the VPD to the University in which the VPD was generated for.
- Send the VPD to the university together with all required documents; it might be required by the University online (electronically), Hardcopies or maybe both.
- You need to stay within the university’s deadline
NOTE: One VPD (“Vorprüfungsdokumentation”) per university / Course. E.g: Don’t use a VPD Generated generated for Uni Bayreuth for another different university that still required VPD for application.